Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day Two with Terry Fowler

Almost nine years ago, my family visited Murphy, NC. We rented a house that slept a number of people and went as a memory trip for my oldest brother's 15th birthday. We spent five days roaming the mountains.

The house was beautiful and when I thought of a locale it struck me that the privacy of the area would indeed make the perfect hiding place. Lake Hiwassee surrounds the area as far as the eye can see.

Last year my sister and I journeyed back to the mountains. We visited Murphy again, Biltmore House, Chimney Rock and Lake Lure (that's where they filmed Dirty Dancing).

North Carolina has so much variety from the beaches to the mountains. God blessed us richly with our Carolina blue skies and so many other beautiful sights and I thank Him for allowing me to call North Carolina home.

This year's birthday is not too far away and I don't know whether I'll plan a staycation and do some of the things that never get done at home or maybe I'll do another wonderful research trip instead.

Question of the Day
What's your favorite vacation spot? Do you see God's hand at work when you visit?

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 27, 2011

    Right now with the Texas heat I am dreaming of a mountain cottage near a crystal clear stream! :) North Carolina is stunning! I have been there a couple of times. I could easily become a hermit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite vacation spot is Smoky Mtns. Being in a beautiful cabin in top on a mountain -there's nothing better for me. You can just see God's work - with all the mountains and valleys. Everything is just so peaceful and beautiful.
    plhouston(at)bellsouth(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to visit Biltmore. Someday.

    I was awed by God's creative powers when my family and I visited Devil's Tower in Wyoming. Only God could think of something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty look and beautiful smile. interesting details share so thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blog and Interesting post information Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete