Monday, July 25, 2011

Day One with Terry Fowler

Have you ever considered what it would be like to not be able to speak? Ever gone an hour or a day without a word? Noticed the hoarseness of an elderly person who lives alone and rarely talks to others?

I found myself considering these things as I played with With Not a Spoken Word, my newest Heartsong Presents release.

Strangely enough the idea for the heroine's losing her voice dates back to my childhood.

I remember watching a Bonanza where the person couldn't speak and knew someone wanted to kill them and couldn't tell anyone. The person may have been paralyzed too. I can't recall, but I remember the fear I felt and the ultimate relief when the person regained their ability to speak and was rescued.

We've come a long way from those mildly frightening episodes of our childhood to the horror movies of today, but some of those things that frightened us are just as real to kids today as they were to us then.

One thing I do know is that God doesn't require spoken words to hear what we have to say. A silent prayer is okay with God. He answers those as well.

Question of the Day
Do you remember something that frightened you as a child? Do you feel comforted by prayers when you are afraid?

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 26, 2011

    That is a frightening thought that many of us don't consider. We take the simple act of being able to speak for granted. Prayers offer comfort to me on many levels when I am afraid. I am nothing without HIM and He has every aspect of my life! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Beautiful Pictures ! Awesome Posting

    ReplyDelete