Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day Two With Frances Devine

Girls skipping at an athletics carnivalphoto © 1900 Powerhouse Museum more info (via: Wylio)
My mother, Josie, was a twin. Her sister died at birth. My dad had twin sisters, Bessie and Chessie. So, I always dreamed of twins. Didn't happen. But two of my nieces have twins. I guess it really does skip a generation.

White River Song is Abby's story. Abby is rather an independent girl who in spite of Lexie and Aunt Kate's training remains a little bit rough around the edges. She goes by the nickname of Tuck, short for Kentucky. Tuck falls for the handsome and sophisticated new doctor while her childhood friend Rafe suddenly realizes he cares for her a lot more than he knew.

Addy, who is featured in White River Sunrise has always been a very proper child and young lady. But secretly, she dreams of adventure. Her favorite memory is when she sailed downriver on her dad's steamboat. She's torn between her desire to stay close to her family, especially her twin sister, and her longing for romance and faraway places.

I hope you will enjoy reading this series as much as I loved writing it. And I hope you fall in love with Missouri, just like I did.

Do you have a favorite place? A place where all your cares just drift away? I'd love to hear about it.

Have a wonderful and blessed summer.
~Frances Devine

1 comment:

  1. It's the Smoky Mountains! I could just sit there forever. It's so quiet and peaceful. Course, that's about 500 miles away from our house. If I had to pick a place at my home, it would be my swing outside. I enjoy just swining and thinking.
    plhouston(at)bellsouth(dot)net

    ReplyDelete