Thursday, June 30, 2011

This Week's Book From the Vault!

This Week's Book From the Vault is:
The Prodigal Patriot by Darlene Franklin
978-1-60260-904-4
HP911
Historical

The Reids will not be scared away.

Sally Reid's family decides on a dangerous course when the Tories of Maple Notch, Vermont, chase Patriot families from their land. They make a home in a secluded cave nearby and farm their land by moonlight, working hard and waiting for the day when they can safely return home.

When Josiah Tuttle discovers their secret and offers to help, Sally doesn't know if she can trust him. After all, Josiah's father is one of the Tories who forced her family into hiding.

The Tuttles have already lost one son to the hated Patriot cause. How can Josiah both honor his grieving father and protect the woman he loves? When called upon to take a stand, which side will he choose? How can Sally and Josiah battle through the barriers separating them from love and forgiveness?

What is your favorite historical event to read about?

3 comments:

  1. I love to learn anything from American History, especially the American West.

    And I love Darlene's story ideas. They're always so fresh and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 30, 2011

    Why, thank you, Erica. I loved revisiting my roots in writing the Maple Notch Brides series (I'm a native New Englander)as much as I enjoyed writing about my adopted Colorado. Let's face, writing stories is in my blood . . .

    --Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool story idea, Darlene!

    I don't think I have a favorite historical event to read about, but I like reading historical fiction in general because the past comes alive. I get to feel what it would have felt like to live in those times. Very fun. : )

    ReplyDelete