Thursday, January 14, 2010

From the Vault

Heartsong Presents #725
ISBN: 9781597890823


Victoria's life has taken an unexpected turn, and the crash into the rugged mechanic's Corvette doesn't help matters. Forced into making her own way, the riches-to-rags Victoria Thankful must rely on the kindness of her sister-in-law until she is able to provide for herself.

Chris Ratcliff lives a very simple life with simple dreams, but raising his teenage sister is nothing short of complicated. When a cute brunette slams into his life, Chris surprises himself by accepting her help with taming his sister.

Can Victoria accept God's will, even if it includes a blue-collar man? Will Chris trust God with his heart when it comes to a gal who's anything but simple?


A little exerpt from By His Hand:


"Chris will bring you to the ranch."
"What?" She looked at the overgrown man who had turned toward Troy. Victoria watched as the sheriff nodded his head to whatever Chris had said to him. "I can't ride with him."
"Yes, you can. Trust me. He's a great guy. I'd come and get you in a heartbeat, but I can't."
"But..."
"Trust me. You'll be fine."
"But he hates me."
"Chris Ratliff hates no one." A crash followed by crying sounded over the phone. "Gotta go."
Victoria pushed the OFF button on her cell phone and glanced toward her ride. Chris stood with both hands shoved in his pockets. His eyes glazed and his jaw set in a hard line when he looked at her. Lifting one side of her mouth in an attempted smile, Victoria gave up the notion, walked to her Suburban, grabbed her purse, and popped open a bottle of pain reliever. She swallowed two tablets, struggling to push them down her seemingly swollen throat. Begging God to keep her from getting sick, she noted the scowling expression on Chris's face. Victoria felt confident that Sondra had no idea what she was talking about.


For more information on Jennifer Johnson and her other Heartsong Titles, including By His Hand, click HERE.

QUESTION FOR YOU: What kind of car do you drive?

8 comments:

  1. Victoria Thankful-what a cute name.

    Mini van

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha there is NO OTHER car for me than the wonderful, terrific, awesomeness that is a Ford Mustang!!!

    xoxo~ Renee
    steelergirl83(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron McCarverJanuary 14, 2010

    Just had to say this is a wonderful book!!! I had the pleasure of editing it and Jennifer did a great job! As for the car, Ford Taurus, 2001 model. I'm not that into cars. They just get me places I need to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drive a mini van. I avoided joining the Minivan Mafia for a long time, but now I can't think why. I love my van!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Hyundai Santa Fe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the posts. This was my first Heartsong, and it was quite a stretch for me to write about a favorite car. I'm like Aaron. I could care less about cars, as long as it runs and gets warm in the winter and cool in the summer. :) Thank you for the compliment, Aaron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 04, 2013

    Woω, supeгb blog layοut! How lengthy have
    you ever been blogging for? уou made blogging look еaѕy.
    The whоle glancе of your websіtе is great,
    as neatly as the content!

    Μy weblog - Lloyd Irvin

    ReplyDelete