Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Love From Ashes - Excerpt


The kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it. Matthew 13:45-46
An exerpt from Love From Ashes
He could think of nothing more to say than thank you again.

Her brief nod resembled a bow, then she walked with graceful steps out the door and along the hallway.
Standing with his back against the closed door, Luke stared at the tray, smelled the aroma of that rich, dark coffee. It beckoned him. But a realization kept his feet planted to the floor.
That woman was the wife of Pastor Jacob Grant. And she was unmistakably Japanese.
That meant Amelia Grant Thurstan, the lovely young woman with black hair pulled back in a thick roll, olive skin, deep brown eyes was...part Japanese.
The girl Joe wrote about was Japanese.
He could not tell his mother.
It would kill her.
QUESTION OF THE DAY: Coconut. Love it or Hate it?

9 comments:

  1. Oooo, I love it! Which is unfortunate, because most of my family doesn't, so I can't use it when I bake :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coconut. I will snack on shredded coconut right out of the bag while my SIL (of the Ewwww fame above) is making German Chocolate Cake frosting. It grosses her out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coconut! Mounds and Almond Joy are to die for. Unfortunately, Himself is in the Ewwww category

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind coconut but I don't really love it either. If it's in something tasty, then great, but it's not something I normally choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron McCarverJanuary 26, 2010

    Superman has Kryptonite; I have coconut. The only thing with coconut I enjoy eating somewhat is a Zagnut candy bar, but it is definitely not a first choice, or even a second or third. I don't even like the whole tropical coconut smell. Give me snow and mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love coconut, but I'm always amazed at the amount of people that dont like the texture. I have a WONDERFUL coconut cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coconut, but rarely put it on or in anything, because family hates it. My solution, I make four layer delight with the cream cheese and cool whip mixture. I use vanilla pudding on one side of the pan and chocolate on the other. My vanilla side gets topped with coconut, while the chocolate side gets topped with pecans. Then I take it church potluck, so I don't eat the entire coconut side all by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. Mounds bars are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete