Thursday, July 29, 2010

From the Vault

This week's book from the vault is:
Romance By the Book
By Myra Johnson

From the back cover:

In reality, Sailor Kern is a swimming instructor at her local YMCA in Birkenstock, Missouri. But in her dreams, she shares a life with famous romance writer Chandler Michaels. And now she’s about to meet him in person! And not only meet him, she gets to be his assistant the whole time he’s visiting Birkenstock.


But romance and reality don’t always mix, and Sailor is in for some big surprises. Chandler isn’t at all what she thought he would be, but the experience draws her closer to a God she’d nearly forgotten and friends who won’t leave her behind.

Will Sailor follow her dream man, or will she see the true hero God has placed before her, right in her own hometown?

Key verse:

“You have stolen my heart . . . with one glance of your eyes.”—Song of Solomon 4:9


From the book:

“How do you know Parker?”


“He’s in my water aerobics class that just started.” “He’s the weirdo guy you were telling me about—the one who showed up late and then griped for the entire hour?”

Kathy guffawed. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Can I help it I have a problem with names?” Sailor crossed her arms. “So what’s the big deal?”

Kathy shared a look with Audra. “Good grief, Sailor. Parker Travis is probably the most eligible bachelor in Birkenstock.”

Audra scooted onto the seat next to Kathy and clicked her enameled fake nails on the tabletop. “Not to mention he’s one marvelous hairstylist.”

“Well, he’s a lousy student.” Sailor looped her arm through the strap of her tan microfiber ergonomic purse and edged out of the booth. “I’ll let you two dish the hairdresser. I’ve got to get back to the Y.”


Question of the Day:  Do you know how to swim? Did you take lessons at the Y?

5 comments:

  1. I can swim, but I didn't learn at the Y.
    My mom taught me in our neighbor's pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember swimming lessons at the Y as well as some private lessons one summer.

    I love to swim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confession: I am NOT a swimmer! However, I married one, and raised two! Our girls learned to swim at the Y and competed on the Y swim team from first grade through high school. Now all five of our grandkids are on swim teams. I am perfectly content to cheer from the sidelines. ;>D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Myra, I am not a swimmer either. But I do think I might have played at the Y pool once or twice, I am not quite sure!

    I do know that I loved this book, it was great! (Myra's latest is really good too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i enjoy swimming...did not take lessons at the Y...

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete