Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Guest Blog with Pamela Griffin

This story is the second to the last of my Titanic/New York/Connecticut series (wow, that’s a mouth full! lol) and was special to me because I have always really liked Joel, ever since he first appeared as a very young, troublesome rapscallion in “In the Secret Place”. So I wanted to do something special for his story, while keeping it believable for Joel’s character- the way I’ve portrayed him in past books as he grew up.




I have always loved stories where the hero and heroine knew one another as children (especially as good friends or childhood sweethearts) and decided to go with that idea since I left an opening for Clementine Lyons (daughter of Stewart and Charleigh Lyons) to be the heroine of the story. In A Bridge Across the Sea (my vault book), I showed her crush on Joel then, through something mentioned in passing. As far back as that, I decided that would be the hint of what was to come for Joel and Clemmie. ;-)



Some of my favorite characters to write about are former villains or just bad-boy troublemakers, like Joel, both of whom I love to reform in my stories. Through God’s grace He makes the crooked paths straight, and I enjoy showing that truth in my characters’ lives, as an encouragement to my readers that God can iron out any problems they may encounter too. He doesn’t play favorites- He’ll help anyone who turns to Him for help.



What is your favorite background scenario for the hero & heroine to meet (or meet again) and form a relationship? Childhood sweethearts? Work associates? Friends? Strangers meeting by chance? Any others I haven’t mentioned? Do you prefer the bad-boy or bad-girl being reformed love stories? Or do you tend to be drawn to romances about the all-around good guys and gals who never caused anyone a moment’s grief?

6 comments:

  1. I'm always intrigued when they don't like each other at first. I don't like the love at first sight scenario. And I like a mixture of good and bad in all characters - especially the hero. I think most women like a bit of bad guy in their love interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a variety of scenarios--as long as they make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a story you don't know how they're going to get together, but you know they should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like sweethearts getting a second chance at love and I can't resist a rebel with a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Linda has the perfect answer for me too! I like variety in how the hero and heroine meet and what kinds of people they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like a lot of different scenarios--but I love the ones where the hero and heroine know each other and can't stand one another until they realize they are in love!

    ReplyDelete