Thursday, August 19, 2010

From the Vault

A little change from our normal format. Because Elizabeth Goddard's previous titles are all sold out, this week's book from the Vault is

Clueless Cowboy
by Mary Connealy
HP #821
ISBN: 978-1602602649

From the back cover:

Burned out, exhausted, and disillusioned, Jake Hanson hits the road. He empties his bank accounts and cuts all ties with everyone he knows. Searching for meaning, he buys a deserted Victorian mansion ten miles from civilization in South Dakota and determines to live off the land.


Emily isn’t looking for a man, and she certainly isn’t looking for more responsibility. Since her parents died, she’s been running the family ranch and raising her younger sister alone. She has plenty to keep her busy. So when she finds a stranger hiding out in the house next door, why can’t she just let him be?

When their worlds collide, will their inexplicable attraction draw Jake and Emily together or will their circumstances force them apart forever?

Key Verse:

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being." Ephesians 3:16

From the Book:

"We have a problem"


He looked up. "What problem is that?"

"You…we…we have to keep our hands off each other. I don't believe in it."

"You don’t' believe in letting a man touch your wrist?" He pulled the pie toward him.

"Not a strange man."

"Am I a stranger, Emily? Haven't I known you forever?"

She settled into her chair. "It feels like it, doesn't it? It's been a very strange day." She covered her face with her hands, then slid them so she could see him and still keep her burning cheeks covered. "I don't really know what to do with the ideas I have in my head. It's all new to me."

"Believe it or not, it's new to me, too."

"I don't believe it."

Jake shrugged. "All I know is there seems to be something inevitable about holding you."




About Mary:
 
"Don't be afraid to strive and sweat and pray and fail and strive and pray some more for the desires of your heart. Because my books and this site are proof that dreams can come true. That with God all things are possible." Mary Connealy



Mary Connealy writes romantic comedy with cowboys. She is the author of the Lassoed in Texas series, Petticoat Ranch, the Christy Award nominated Calico Canyon and Gingham Mountain. A new series begins now. Montana Marriages, Book #1 Montana Rose, Book #2 The Husband Tree and Book #3 Wildflower Bride. A stand alone romantic comedy with cowboys, Cowboy Christmas released in September. Black Hills Blessing a 3-in-1 collection of sweet contemporary romances is in bookstores now.

Also an avid blogger, find her online at:

Seekerville

Petticoats & Pistols

My Blog

My Website

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for featuring Clueless Cowboy. I love that little sweet book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to share the "spotlight" with you Mary! Looking forward to seeing you at the conference. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote you gave, Mary. :)

    caseymh18(@)gmail(.)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo Elizabeth, all your vault books sold out!

    I love the title of this one, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the second book I wrote, oh so long ago. I absolutely love it. And love that it finally got published.
    Of course it's not in it's original shape. I've gotten much better.

    I hope I can still say that again, ten years from now. I wonder?

    ReplyDelete