photo © 2009 Kevin Dooley more info (via: Wylio)I love the Christmas season, and one of my favorite things in life is decorating for the holidays. For at least two decades, I've been building my collection of ornaments and all things Christmas. I had both a "designer" tree and one for the kids to decorate however they pleased. That is, until this year.
Last January, my husband traveled to Oregon where he packed everything we owned into boxes and then a moving van, and drove our belongings through the rain and snow of California, Arizona, New Mexico, and then across the big state of Texas to our home near Tyler, Texas. Packing and moving was a huge undertaking for someone to do alone. I can't remember ever being so glad to see him than when he stood in the doorway of his mother's home where I waited. He must be a super hero to have accomplished so much in just over a week.
That's why I couldn't be too upset with him when the time came to pull out my Christmas decorations and I discovered they never made it from Oregon. Yes, I was very upset, but how could I be mad at my husband? I allowed myself a few tears for all those things collected, but after all, they were just things and people are suffering in this world.
My daughter and I hit Michael's for their fifty percent off sale, and I bought all new Christmas stuff. After looking at the new color scheme of my tree, I decided that maybe God was just trying to tell me this is a new season of my life - to let go of the old and embrace the new. I love how He does that - uses everything to speak into our lives.
That's exactly where the story started for Jack in Praying for Rayne. A man with a broken heart, he's moved across the country to start a new job and what he hopes will be a new life. But he doesn't know the adventure he's about to embark on, or how God will lead him back.
Is it time for you to let go of the old and embrace the new?
- White Pearls by Shannon Taylor Vannatter
- AND THE RANDOM DRAWING WINNER IS...
- A New Book From the Vault!!
- Another Day with Connie Stevens
- PROUD TO WELCOME CONNIE STEVENS AS THIS WEEK'S GUE...
- This week's featured title is: Leave Me Never by C...
- NEW RANDOM DRAWING WINNER!!!!
- From the Vault -- Wild At Heart
- Day 2 with Vickie McDonough
- Day 1: Guest Blogger Vickie McDonough
- This week's featured title is: Mutiny of the Heart...
- This Week's Winner!
- From the Vault -- A Hero for Her Heart
- Another Day With Rose Ross Zediker!
- Day 1: Guest Blogger Rose Ross Zediker
- This week's featured title is: Lily of the Field B...
- THIS WEEK'S WINNER!
- From the Vault -- Disarming Andi
- A Second Dose of Elizabeth Goddard!
- Guest Blogger Elizabeth Goddard!
- Praying for Rayne by Elizabeth Goddard
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2010 (261)