This week's featured title is:
Lily of the Field
By Rose Ross Zediker
Caroline is a worrier...
She can't help it. Her husband died and left her with little money and less survival skills. Her son thinks the choices she's made since then prove her foolish. And every time an opportunity starts to look good, something else makes her second guess her involvement and back off. Why wouldn't she worry? She can't depend on anyone else to help her out.
Rodney has always thought life was pretty good - at least until a heart attack laid him out flat. Retired now from his hectic executive lifestyle, he begins to realize he wasn't much more than a workaholic. Family relationships are strained; he has no friends to speak of, certainly no wife or family of his own.
Marriage isn't on either of their minds, but their minds are not God's, and He is busy taking care of the lilies of the field - and His children.
Matthew 6:28 - 30 NLT
Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't wake or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you.
Rodney chuckled. "Well, according to Mildred, you are the Queen of Quilting." Rodney straightened to his full height.
The title catching her off guard, she stammered, "I don't know about that..."
"Your repair work was a blessing to Mildred. She gave a piece of his mother's love to her grandson and Proverbs tell us 'She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple,' so I think it's okay to call you a queen.
Proverbs 31. She'd read that scripture many times in church on Mother's Day. "Okay, but I hope I live up to her and your expectations."
"I'm sure you can." Rodney affirmed his statement with a firm nod of his head, then sipped his tea.
A lump formed in Caroline's throat. No one had ever displayed that type of confidence in any work she'd done, not her parents, Ted, or Jason.
Rose Ross Zediker lives in rural Elk Point, SD with her husband of twenty-eight years. Their grown son has started a family of his own. Rose works full-time for an investment firm and writes during the evening or weekends. Some of her pastimes include reading, sewing, embroidery, quilting and spoiling her granddaughter.
Besides inspirational romance novels, Rose has many publishing credits in the Christian children's genre. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers. Visit Rose on the web at http://www.roserosszediker.blogspot.com/.
It's funny how things end up working out for people in the end. Have you ever been in a situation where at first nothing seemed to be going right, yet in the end it all seemed to come together?
- White Pearls by Shannon Taylor Vannatter
- AND THE RANDOM DRAWING WINNER IS...
- A New Book From the Vault!!
- Another Day with Connie Stevens
- PROUD TO WELCOME CONNIE STEVENS AS THIS WEEK'S GUE...
- This week's featured title is: Leave Me Never by C...
- NEW RANDOM DRAWING WINNER!!!!
- From the Vault -- Wild At Heart
- Day 2 with Vickie McDonough
- Day 1: Guest Blogger Vickie McDonough
- This week's featured title is: Mutiny of the Heart...
- This Week's Winner!
- From the Vault -- A Hero for Her Heart
- Another Day With Rose Ross Zediker!
- Day 1: Guest Blogger Rose Ross Zediker
- This week's featured title is: Lily of the Field B...
- THIS WEEK'S WINNER!
- From the Vault -- Disarming Andi
- A Second Dose of Elizabeth Goddard!
- Guest Blogger Elizabeth Goddard!
- Praying for Rayne by Elizabeth Goddard
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2010 (261)