Tuesday, May 4, 2010
An Excerpt From Parting Secrets
A taste of Parting Secrets:
Steven sat with his fingertips together, tapping his lip. “So you had a great job out there, huh?” His eyes narrowed.
Jeanie’s throat tightened. What did he know? “Y–yes.”
He nodded, then stood. “You really don’t want to talk about this, do you?”
“It was a hard time. I thought I’d made the best decision for you. You have to believe that.”
“Yeah. You said that.” He walked toward the door. “One last question and I’ll try to leave it alone. Was there someone else? Did you meet someone before your birthday? Is that the real reason you didn’t come home?”
The answer screamed in her brain. Yes. But not like you think. Not a boyfriend. I met someone. And I couldn’t get away. “No. There wasn’t anyone else.”
He nodded. “You know, there is one more question.” Blue eyes scanned her face. “When did you stop loving me, Jeanie?”
“I nev—” She gasped. That wasn’t what she’d meant to say.
He smiled. Gentle. Sweet. He walked over to her. The backs of his fingers brushed her face. “That’s all I need to know.”
And he walked out, closing the office door behind him.
These pictures were provided by the authors and are of Galena's Market House and Trolley Clock.
Key Verse for Parting Secrets:
For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance. . .will arise from another place.... And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this? Esther 4:14
Where is "home" or the place of your birth? Was it a small town or big city?
- ► 2011 (150)
- White Roses by Shannon Taylor Vannatter
- And The Winner Is...
- From The Vault--By His Hand by Jennifer Johnson
- Guest Blog with Jennifer Johnson
- Excerpt from Gaining Love
- Gaining Love by Jennifer Johnson
- This Week's Winner!
- From The Vault - The Bartered Bride
- Guest Blog With ERICA VETSCH
- An Excerpt From Clara and the Cowboy
- Clara and the Cowboy - Erica Vetsch
- Drum Roll Please...
- From The Vault by Laurie Alice Eakes -- Better Tha...
- Guest Blog with Laurie Alice Eakes
- An Excerpt From The Heiress
- The Heiress - Laurie Alice Eakes
- And The Winner Is...
- From The Vault
- Guest Blog with Becky Melby & Cathy Wienke
- An Excerpt From Parting Secrets
- Parting Secrets by Becky Melby and Cathy Wienke
- ▼ May (21)