Monday, May 10, 2010
The Heiress - Laurie Alice Eakes
Susan longs for control of her money
Susan Morris has a fortune that could help those in need, yet all but a small allowance from her inheritance—left by her great-aunt to guarantee Susan a good match—is held in trust until she marries. What good works can she do if her future husband has other plans for her money?
Daire Grassick arrives at his injured father’s bedside only to learn that the blown-glass goldfinch heirloom he reluctantly sold for train fare home is more valuable than he imagined—and its loss could mean the ruin of the Grassick Glassworks.
By the time Daire finds Susan Morris to buy it back, the goldfinch and her brother are missing. Will they find the precious bauble before its secret is discovered? Or will God lead them to something of even greater value?
Award-winning author Laurie Alice Eakes does not remember a time when books did not play a part in her life; thus, no one was surprised when she decided to be a writer. Her first hardcover was an October, 2006 Regency historical from Avalon Books and won the National Readers Choice Award for Best Regency, as well as being a finalist for Best First Book. After selling her first book in the inspirational market, she also wrote articles and essays for Christian publications. A brief hiatus in publishing climaxed with her selling thirteen books in thirteen months, to publishers such as Barbour, Avalon, and Baker/Revell.
She is an active member of RWA and ACFW, and started the Avalon Authors group blog. A graduate of the Seton Hill University Master of Arts Degree in Writing Popular Fiction, And a Bachelor of Arts graduate in English and French from Asbury College, she is an experienced speaker, and has made presentations at local and national RWA conferences, as well as local universities and libraries.
Until recently, she lived in Northern Virginia, then her husband’s law career took them and their dogs and cats, to southern Texas, where she writes full-time and enjoys the beach whenever possible.
You can keep up with her and her books on her blog
Are you a collector? If yes, what do you collect?
- ► 2011 (150)
- White Roses by Shannon Taylor Vannatter
- And The Winner Is...
- From The Vault--By His Hand by Jennifer Johnson
- Guest Blog with Jennifer Johnson
- Excerpt from Gaining Love
- Gaining Love by Jennifer Johnson
- This Week's Winner!
- From The Vault - The Bartered Bride
- Guest Blog With ERICA VETSCH
- An Excerpt From Clara and the Cowboy
- Clara and the Cowboy - Erica Vetsch
- Drum Roll Please...
- From The Vault by Laurie Alice Eakes -- Better Tha...
- Guest Blog with Laurie Alice Eakes
- An Excerpt From The Heiress
- The Heiress - Laurie Alice Eakes
- And The Winner Is...
- From The Vault
- Guest Blog with Becky Melby & Cathy Wienke
- An Excerpt From Parting Secrets
- Parting Secrets by Becky Melby and Cathy Wienke
- ▼ May (21)