Colleen has been having some trouble replying to your comments, so she wanted me to share the following message:
Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments this week! One of the greatest joys of being a Christian author is knowing our writing does more than entertain. We touch lives and encourage others by offering glimpses into our own "peaks and valleys," i.e., the inevitable mountain top experiences followed by valleys of rejection (smile).
A final word of encouragement. My writing students sometimes wail, "I have enough rejection slips to paper my walls."
I reply, "Sometimes I feel I have enough to insulate my house!" Then I laugh and add, "Call them returns." It is a much better word than rejection. . .and point out we are not being rejected, just a particular piece of work. Some of my best manuscripts took years and up to 50 tries before selling and making their mark.
God bless you all in your services to our Master,
- In the Cool of the Evening
- ...And The Winner Is...
- From the Vault: The Columns of Cottonwood
- Day Two With Sandra Robbins
- Day One With Sandra Robbins!
- Dinner at the St. James
- Drum Roll, Please...
- A Quick "Hello" From Colleen
- From the Vault...
- Day Two with Colleen L. Reece
- Day One with Colleen L. Reece
- Romance at Rainbow's End
- And the Winner is...
- From the Vault: Gaining Love
- My Teenagers Hello Friends, Tomorrow, you will hav...
- Day One With Jennifer Johnson
- Betting on Love by Jennifer Johnson
- This Week's Winner!
- From the Vault: White Roses
- Day Two With Shannon Taylor Vannatter!
- Guest Blog with Shannon Taylor Vannatter!
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2010 (261)