Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Excerpt from Sugar and Spice


Here's a little bit from Sugar and Spice by Frances Devine.



Pain seared through Cici’s leg as she tugged to try to get free. Somewhere in the dark water that now reached her waist, her foot was wedged between the wall and a heavy chest. Tears of frustration stained her cheeks as she stared up at the rescue worker.
She shook her head. “I can’t move it.”
“Cici!” Jimmy shoved the man away and reached for her. She reached her arms up to him.
“Oh, Jimmy.” She gazed into his wonderful face. The face she’d feared she’d never see again. “My foot is wedged tight. I can’t get out.” Panic clutched tight at her chest and throat. Was she going to die when she was so close to being with him once more?



Join us tomorrow when Frances Devine stops by for a visit. And don't forget to leave a comment this week to be entered into the drawing for a copy of one of Frances's books or 10 Heartpoints to be put toward future shipments of books.


Question of the Day: With the holiday coming up tomorrow, I'm curious: Do you have any St. Patrick's Day traditions? Are you Irish?

8 comments:

  1. I am not Irish but I do wear green on St. Patrick's Day. That is really the only "tradition" I have for that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm part Irish, but my husband was nearly all Irish, and always made a big deal of St. Patrick's Day, so some of us continue the tradition.
    I cook corned beef and cabbage and a green dessert and watch old Irish movies all day. Some of my favorites are Three Cheers for the Irish, Sweet Rosie O'Grady, The Quiet Man, Darby O'Gill and the Little People. I have so many it's hard to get them all watched in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm part Irish, but other than wearing green and eating corned beef, I don't have any traditions for St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No traditions but I have a wonderful grandson born on St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't claim any Irishmen or women in my family tree, we're Scots from way back, but I'll be wearing green tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a little Irish ancestry, I was told years ago. (Must be where my 3 kiddos get their red hair, LOL). I have some cute shamrock earrings I always wear on March 17 (besides wearing green clothing that day!).~ And I was actually named for an Irish lady whose maiden name was Patrick. She was my Mother's very best friend (also my Godmother), so Mama named me "Patti" in honor of her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not Irish but I bought some green cookies today and I'll wear my green socks tomorrow, that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm not irish...but i enjoy wearing my shamrock socks...

    karenk
    kmkuka(at)yahoo(dot)Com

    ReplyDelete